Weekend Review By Sherie:
I love the new line from Robeez, the Weekend Collection. I have to admit I have never tried Robeez, until I saw their new line. I thought I could get away with buying cheaper shoes instead. Ha ha! I was wrong! Most of my "cheaper" shoes barely make it through one child. My friend's Robeez have been through 3 of her children (so far). They are washable, and the seams and elastic stay together for the long run.
Part of what kept me from Robeez is that I don't like shoes with decals of ice cream cones and planes and bears. I like a simple shoe with good style and comfort...oh, and it has to stay on her feet, of course. They only sell shoes as pairs, so if you've lost one, you might as well have lost them both. The Weekend Collection has very gender neutral colors available (I like the taupe stripe). So, if you want to make your dollar stretch and use it for all your offspring--boy or girl, the neutral colors would work well. Lately I've seen more palateable styles in Robeez, so I'm excited to see what's coming next.
During this time when your babe is learning to cruise and walk, it's important to note that the best trainers for walking are bare feet, not shoes. Robeez are accepted by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) because they protect and keep baby's feet warm, but maintain a very flexible sole. Your child can learn to walk in warm feet without slipping!
At first, I was just going to get the navy, so I could match it with more of her clothing. I ended up going bold and got the fuchsia. I am so glad I did! I've found that pink shoes reduce the gender question far more effectively than bows or hair clips (didn't expect that!). I also like her outfits better with the bright colors.
I had to include a picture of the Robeez on my cutie, because the shoes look so much cuter when she's actually wearing them! This wasn't her happiest moment, but you see what I mean. The coordinating pink hair clip was lost between the chair cushions moments before this picture.
The only con I found was that when we first got these shoes, Abby had them off within 10 minutes. To be fair, she is by far the wiggliest baby I have ever encountered. As she has gotten older she has had more interest in playing with toys than with her feet, and the shoes have stayed in place since then. Sizes are available 0-24 months.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the Robeez. I have new respect for well-made shoes, and I'm now carrying around an infant who is dressed better than I am.
The Weekend Collection shoes available at Robeez.com for $27.95 each.
Tredz review by Theresa:
I am a big fan of Robeez, and was excited to find out that they are now offering a line of toddler shoes for outdoor use. Here are some of the features that really make Tredz stand out:
- Instead of the traditional, Robeez soft leather sole, Tredz are equipped with a thin and flexible rubber sole- perfect for the playground and outdoor exploring.
- The leather upper of Tredz shoes is water resistant- great for those days your little one goes puddle hunting.
- Stay-on elastic ankle that you Robeez fans are familiar with. This keeps the Robeez Tredz comfortable, and securely on your little one's feet.
- Strong Velcro closures. My son is the spawn of Houdini. He has only been able to take the Tredz off once- and that was with considerable effort. His last pair of non-Robeez velcro shoes only lasted 1 day before one of the shoes went MIA- that is how good he is. So, I am loving the strong Velcro.
- Very cute designs. My son has the truck-patterned Tredz. What 20-month-old boy wouldn't want a vehicle on their shoe? I am also loving the little girl designs (see below)
Tredz are currently available in 3 sizes: 12-16 mos, 16-20 mos, and 20-24 mos. Please note that these shoe sizes run large. My 20-month-old has a lot of room to grow in his 20-24 mos shoes. The entire Tredz line retails for $41.95.
Who wants to try some Robeez? We are giving away a pair of Weekend shoes and a pair of Tredz! Enter by leaving a comment on this post by midnight June 17th. Indicate in your comment what style of Weekend/Tredz you would like to win. For you citrus readers with no children- these would make an awesome Baby Shower gift, so enter! We will randomly select one Weekend winner and one Tredz winner from the post comments. Shipping to Continental US only. Thank you Robeez!