Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Meet the Weekend and Tredz



Weekend Review By Sherie:

I love the new line from Robeez, the Weekend Collection. I have to admit I have never tried Robeez, until I saw their new line. I thought I could get away with buying cheaper shoes instead. Ha ha! I was wrong! Most of my "cheaper" shoes barely make it through one child. My friend's Robeez have been through 3 of her children (so far). They are washable, and the seams and elastic stay together for the long run.

Part of what kept me from Robeez is that I don't like shoes with decals of ice cream cones and planes and bears. I like a simple shoe with good style and comfort...oh, and it has to stay on her feet, of course. They only sell shoes as pairs, so if you've lost one, you might as well have lost them both. The Weekend Collection has very gender neutral colors available (I like the taupe stripe). So, if you want to make your dollar stretch and use it for all your offspring--boy or girl, the neutral colors would work well. Lately I've seen more palateable styles in Robeez, so I'm excited to see what's coming next.

During this time when your babe is learning to cruise and walk, it's important to note that the best trainers for walking are bare feet, not shoes. Robeez are accepted by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) because they protect and keep baby's feet warm, but maintain a very flexible sole. Your child can learn to walk in warm feet without slipping!

At first, I was just going to get the navy, so I could match it with more of her clothing. I ended up going bold and got the fuchsia. I am so glad I did! I've found that pink shoes reduce the gender question far more effectively than bows or hair clips (didn't expect that!). I also like her outfits better with the bright colors.



I had to include a picture of the Robeez on my cutie, because the shoes look so much cuter when she's actually wearing them! This wasn't her happiest moment, but you see what I mean. The coordinating pink hair clip was lost between the chair cushions moments before this picture.

The only con I found was that when we first got these shoes, Abby had them off within 10 minutes. To be fair, she is by far the wiggliest baby I have ever encountered. As she has gotten older she has had more interest in playing with toys than with her feet, and the shoes have stayed in place since then. Sizes are available 0-24 months.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the Robeez. I have new respect for well-made shoes, and I'm now carrying around an infant who is dressed better than I am.

The Weekend Collection shoes available at Robeez.com for $27.95 each.



Tredz review by Theresa:

I am a big fan of Robeez, and was excited to find out that they are now offering a line of toddler shoes for outdoor use. Here are some of the features that really make Tredz stand out:


  • Instead of the traditional, Robeez soft leather sole, Tredz are equipped with a thin and flexible rubber sole- perfect for the playground and outdoor exploring.
  • The leather upper of Tredz shoes is water resistant- great for those days your little one goes puddle hunting.
  • Stay-on elastic ankle that you Robeez fans are familiar with. This keeps the Robeez Tredz comfortable, and securely on your little one's feet.
  • Strong Velcro closures. My son is the spawn of Houdini. He has only been able to take the Tredz off once- and that was with considerable effort. His last pair of non-Robeez velcro shoes only lasted 1 day before one of the shoes went MIA- that is how good he is. So, I am loving the strong Velcro.
  • Very cute designs. My son has the truck-patterned Tredz. What 20-month-old boy wouldn't want a vehicle on their shoe? I am also loving the little girl designs (see below)

Tredz are currently available in 3 sizes: 12-16 mos, 16-20 mos, and 20-24 mos. Please note that these shoe sizes run large. My 20-month-old has a lot of room to grow in his 20-24 mos shoes. The entire Tredz line retails for $41.95.

Who wants to try some Robeez? We are giving away a pair of Weekend shoes and a pair of Tredz! Enter by leaving a comment on this post by midnight June 17th. Indicate in your comment what style of Weekend/Tredz you would like to win. For you citrus readers with no children- these would make an awesome Baby Shower gift, so enter! We will randomly select one Weekend winner and one Tredz winner from the post comments. Shipping to Continental US only. Thank you Robeez!

add to kirtsy

47 comments:

ashley said...

I love the Tredz Racer in Taupe... and can't wait to see them on my little guy's feet for the fall!

Natalie said...

For my 14-month-old son I bought 1 pair of "go-with-everything" Robeez per age (0-6 mo, 6-12 mo, 12-18 mo). So basically, he's only worn 2 pairs of shoes for most of his life. He's walking now, so he has to switch to walking shoes, but Robeez has actually come out with harder sole shoes also. I saw them at Nordstrom, but haven't tried them.

Robeez are definitely worth the money if you're only buying 1 pair of shoes every 6 months!

I'm pregnant with baby #2 and I want to get some Robeez for this little girl. I'm a fan since they were so perfect with #1. So my vote is the pink Robeez (or maybe the go-with-everything taupe, but then there's the gender question)!

Hiatt Family said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Robeez! My son wore them until he started walking. I haven't ever tried the Tredz, but I'm willing to! No other shoes stayed on my rolly polly boys feet like the Robeez did! I'm a HUGE fan!

Kristie said...

These look so cute. Robeez Tredz Daisy T-Strap - brown or I also like Robeez Weekend - fuchsia/striped from the weekend collection. I really need to try them out. I have heard lots of great things about them.

AubreyB said...

I love the Weekend navy/striped!
byubabe14 at yahoo dot com

Ricki said...

I'm so glad they make a stronger sole now! We loved our one-and-only pair and were so sad when they got too small. We would love another! Favorite: Tredz Racer-taupe

Mum said...

I really like the taupe stripe weekend robeez shoes. As a grandma I know how important it is to have cute shoes that stay on so I don't have to tell mom I lost a shoe at the mall.

Janelle said...

I can testify of their quality. My daughter is the third girl to where the Robeez shoes hand-me-downs and it's all that will stay on her feet. I would love to give her the circle t-straps in fuchsia since she's walking now and to give her a new pair of shoes to call her own.

Brian and Amelia said...

I really love the Robeez Tredz Evan- brown shoes for boys! They are adorable! I would love to try out some sturdy shoes that would last through more than one child!

Sara said...

Abby looks very cute in the pink Robeez. I wish they had them in my size! :)

Scott and Elly said...

I love the weekend collection of Robeez! I'm into simple (no animals, etc) so these are perfect. My favorite color is the taupe with stripes...so cute!

Bippert Family said...

My boy just turned 1 yesterday and is still flirting with the idea of walking. I haven't been able to find any shoes that fit his "puffy" feet, but I think the velcro on top is just what we need. He's had to go barefoot for the most part, but he really needs to get use to some shoes and Tredz look really comfortable and CUTE. I'd love to try any color or style (for a boy that is) but the TAUPE would definitely match all the clothes my son wears. THANKS!
-Julie Bippert

Brett and Marianne said...

What cute and durable shoes! I have never heard of them...thanks for the info!

Julie said...

Sherie, we think alike . . . always looking for the cheaper option. But I would love to try them. Julie K.

Silvey Mothership said...

New to your blog but I have only good things to say about the Robeez. They are stylish and definitely helps the kids keep something warm on their feet when it is cold outside. As a Grandma I love them too.

Kirsta Silvey said...

My first baby is due in 3 weeks, and I'm really looking forward to finally getting to use Robeez myself. I've bought them for family members and now it's finally my turn!

Erika said...

The Robeez Tredz Racer (taupe) would look adorable on either of my little boys.

Jana Clegg said...

Adorable shoes! I would love the Robeez weekend-Taupe/striped shoes in 0-6 mo or the Robeez Tredz Dylan-brown in 6-12 mos. I would love to try these shoes out on my little one.

Dawnell said...

The dinosauar tredz are so cute. Now if my 13 month old will only decide to WALK in them.

Mandy said...

My 20 mth. old George would love the Tredz Classic Brown Sandal, or the Truck Tredz in taupe - so would I! Love, Mandy

Green Montana said...

I have never tried Robeez, but have had some cheaper brands before. I just love how comfortable my little ones seem to feel in them. I think the boys would love either the black/striped from the weekend collection or the Tredz-Dylan in brown. Thanks for the reviews!

Jenny said...

Thanks--I hadn't seen this new Robeez Weekend collection! I think the consensus for favorite color seems to the taupe stripe, and I have to agree that's my favorite too! They would be great for my 7-month-old boy.

Burke Fam said...

I love the Crown Pink Pastel in Toddler 2-3 years. Darling!

Harvey Family said...

I LOVE these shoes! It would be great to have shoes that last for more than one child! The Robeez weekend in brown and white in a size 12-18mo. would look great on my little guy!

aprilmay said...

Wow! how could I ever decide. I really like the flames brown tredz, the airplane tredz, or the truck patterned tredz. My boy is 5 months so I would probably want the 16-20 months for when he starts walking. So cute! I will definitely have to try these when he starts walking

Julie Sainsbury said...

I have never heard of these shoes before, but they seem so perfect for kids(and i dont even have a kid! Robeez Tredz sound adorable, I know that as soon as I (or possibly my friends, if i am not too greedy) have kids, would love to have a pair.

Heidi said...

I love the weekend robeez in Fushia! I love your blog, so many great ideas!

Moses Gandhi said...

love robeez, much better than other look-alikes, including the nordstrom brand. would recommend to anyone with small feet!esp love the tredz evan brown!

Courtney said...

I love Robeez and am dying to get a pair for my little girl...
I would love to win the tredz circles t-strap in fuschia..sooo cute!

Elise said...

What a wonderful giveaway! I'd want the Tredz-Dylan's in size 20-24 months. I almost bought these during Dallin's recent shoe crisis, but Buy Buy Baby didn't have them in stock and I couldn't wait long enough to have them shipped. They're so cute! I'd love to win!

Jenna Eve said...

Love them all. My little man would look studdly in the Tredz Evan- brown shoes. Thanks for the giveaways.

Justina Selim said...

I like the Robeez Weekend - pastel pink/white! So cute!

Anne said...

I would love the Weekend taupe/stripe pair -- perfect for either twin!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the colors in the pink Mary Jane's. Perfect for my spunky little one!

Melissa said...

I love the Robeez Tredz Birdy T-strap. So cute, and you could easily match them with a Sunday frock. Such cute shoes!

melissagmclaughlin at gmail dot com

Kendra said...

I love the little girl trendz (pink one's with polka dots)
My sweet one is 2 1/2.
I'm a die-hard robeez fan. Both my children have completely worn out their Robeez because that is almost the only thing I ever put on their feet.

Susanna said...

i like the Tredz Evan in brown. So cute! And I'm sure very comfy.

Brooke said...

I'm sold on Stride Rite shoes for my boys' chunky feet, but I'm always looking for a shoe that is for the pre/beginning walker. Robeez sounds perfect and I'm loving the Weekend Fuschia and the taupe. I can't wait to try them.

Anonymous said...

My weakness is baby shoes. I love them, something about how little they are. However, when the time comes where they really need to serve a function, I love how the Robeez shoes are soft,made out of leather, molding to the child's foot. My vote is for the circle t-strap fuchsia, and the pastel pink and white weekend robeez!

Anonymous said...

Oops, that last post was from Angela Alvey, the anonymous one. I am still getting the hang of this.

Rebecca Smylie said...

Three cheers for Robeez. Would love a pair of 6-12 mo as my little one is about to grow out of her first pair!

CYNDI said...

I have a little boy who is almost a year and could use some use that could help his little feet and a three year old!

Alice-Anne said...

I like the taupe Tredz for my little 8 month old boy.

Brent and Ashley said...

I love the Robeez Tredz with flames. Darling!!

Amy said...

I love these shoes. I've tried buying other types of shoes for my little ones, but not worth it. I'd much rather that they have just 1 pair of good shoes than a couple pairs of cheap shoes.

I love the Taupe striped weekender and the classic sandal in brown of the thicker soles for my 14 mo. old boy!!

Alissa said...

These are great! My choices are:

Weekend: black/striped 18-24 months

Tredz: classic sandal brown 20-24 months

THANKS!

Unknown said...

I am usually very cheap when buying baby clothing, but I bought two pairs of Robeez anyway. These are the only shoes that my 14 month daughter has ever worn. She has never been able to kick them off, and they seem very comfortable. I would be interested in either the Weekend size 12 - 18 mo or Tredz 18 - 24 mo as long as they aren't pink. We have too much pink everything!