Thursday, July 31, 2008

Baby Bunch Bouquets


I never know what to buy for a Baby Shower. Plush toys and rattlers; how useful are those anyway? Baby blankets. They are very pretty and practical but I had about 20 blankets for my first and that was way too many. Then there is clothing. Babies go through so many changes a day that you can never have too many items of clothing. The problem is that I have eclectic taste in clothes and suspect my gift gets returned.

When I saw the Baby Bunch Bouquets I decided it was the cutest, most functional gift you can buy for a new or experienced mom. My bouquet is a "Baby Bucket" or small silver pail, filled with basics any mom will use, surrounded by flower buds and leaves. You don't even have to wrap it- it arrives in cellophane, tied with ribbon and a gift tag attached. You can buy the Baby Bunch or Bucket in White, Yellow, Blue or Pink in sizes 0-6mo and 6-12mo. They have large, medium or small bunches with more or less items of clothing. Mine included a onsie, bip, cap, mittens and two pairs of socks. They are great basics that will go with any outfit mom may choose to dress her baby in.

It is so cute I had a hard time bringing myself to dismantle it. But once I did I found the fabric to be soft and stretchy. For example, with the onsie; I would describe it as being as soft as the Carter's onsies with a thickness less than a Carter's onsie but more than a Gerber onsie.

So far I am impressed- but, I wondered, will they shrink down to nothing? Washed and dried they shrunk a little- but just a little.

The bouquet would make a great gift if you are throwing a shower since I think it makes a smaller but less common centerpiece in lieu of the "diaper cake". If you aren't in need of a shower gift (who isn't?), they also sell Kitchen, Spa and Garden theme bunches as a thank you gift for mom, sister or hostess.

add to kirtsy

No comments: