Tuesday, August 12, 2008

JJ Cole Essentials Blanket

I love JJ Cole products. Like many city kids, my son spends his winters wrapped up in his Bundle Me stroller blanket. More on my love for that another day. Today is all about the JJ Cole Essentials Blanket.

We still live like newlyweds at our house and the only two blankets we own are- on our bed! I hated to bring them to the park and get them all muddy. Plus, the kind of blanket made for indoor use just doesn't work that well outside- even if it is an old afghan you don't really care about. I soon realized I was in need of an outdoor blanket. Enter the JJ Cole Essentials Blanket.

Mine has been through a wet 4th of July, countless visits to rough muddy patches in Central Park and a vacation at the beach. The great thing about the blanket is that the fabric is soft while water and stain resistant. I am consistently impressed with how little dirt and it actually picks up. What does leave its mark, I just have to spot wipe a few places when I get home and its ready for the next use.
The next best selling feature is how easily it folds into a nice little package with carry strap. You can hang it from your stroller, carry it in one and your child in the other or use it to swing the blanket with ease into the back of your van like you may see on a car commercial.


The blanket is 5x5ft. At first, I thought that would be too small. But, after using it, I have found it to be a great size since its small enough to pack around but, big enough to have a picnic or lie down while your kids are doing what they do best- running around.

I sometimes lay it out on the living room floor and my son will roll around and lounge on it just because he loves it too. The blanket comes in several striped patterns and a mod bubble pattern all of which have a neutral, solid color backing. You can get a blanket of your own from Amazon for $29.95 with free shipping.

add to kirtsy

1 comment:

Emily ~ Little Window Shoppe said...

I just found your site and was definitely wowed by this blanket! I love JJ Cole and I love the name of your site too - so catchy.