Monday, April 27, 2009

Asian Fusion


After my husband took me to Asia de Cuba and I realized the joys of fusion food I was inspired to try some recipes at home. Enter Coconut Chicken with Mango Salsa, Coconut Rice and a crunchy Asian Salad.

The coconut chicken is surprisingly easy and paired with the hot n sweet mango salsa you will be licking your lips. I know we were. It was like "What About Bob" at our house with my husband exclaiming "Mmmmm!"..."Mmmmm this is sooo good!"

The coconut rice is mild and at first just tastes like rice, and then slowly you taste more and more coconut and have to have another bite, and another....

And the crunchy Asian Salad is one of my old faves I new would go well with the rest of the meal. The dressing is simple to make and the toasted Ramen noodles, almonds and sesame seeds add the nice crunch.

Prepare the salsa first so the flavors have time to meld. Then prepare the salad ingredients keeping the noodle mixture and dressing separate until serving. The rice and chicken should be cooked just 30 min before dinner time so they are nice and hot.

Coconut Chicken with Mango Salsa

Coconut Rice

Crunchy Asian Salad

1 comment:

Maria Petrova said...

sounds and looks AMAAAAZING!