Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Basket Ideas



If any of you are looking for some all-natural Easter Egg Basket fillers, here is a glimpse of what will fill our baskets this year.

Sunspire SunDrops- These are essentially M&M's with no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. I will be stashing these inside of some plastic easter eggs. You can buy these online at the Sunspire link above, or at Whole Foods.

Annie's Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks

Late July Organic Chocolate Cookies

Clif Kid Twisted Fruit

Fruitabu

Kettle Valley Organic Fruit Leather

Jelly Beans- You can purchase some organic beans from Whole Foods in the bakery area. What is Easter without Jelly Beans!

Cracker Carrots- This is something I posted about last Easter. It was such a hit last year, we will be doing it again.

One tradition we are starting this year, is to add craft project to the easter basket for my 5 and 7 year old daughters to complete. We have started to learn how to embroider, and I am amazed at how much my girls love it. I think a few embroidery thread balls, and some new stencils will make a great addition to the basket.

Another non-food item I will be adding this year is some homemade playdough. I found some extra large easter eggs to store these in the basket. Need a recipe? Here is one.

I love hearing about family holiday traditions, so if there are any Easter traditions you would like to share, please comment below!

No comments: