Friday, March 28, 2008

A Perfect World (would have this moisturizer)




Every winter my face feels the effects of dry, recycled, indoor air. Right around January my skin begins "molting season" which finishes sometime mid-May. I have always shied away from moisturizers because my skin is still acne prone (no one told me I would still get acne at 30!) but this year I had no choice but to submit to the call of the moisturizer. I decided my flaky face ultimately looked worse than my acne:). In my hunt to find a moisturizer that was both hydrating but not pimple producing, I found Origins "A Perfect World" antioxidant moisturizer with white tea.

I really love everything about this moisturizer....except for it's steep price. It smells wonderful, doesn't clog my pores, and keeps my skin hydrated. Supposedly it will also firm, brighten, and even out the tone of my skin- along with protecting my skin from smoke and pollution (which I need here in NYC!). I cannot really vouch for all of these miracles, but I will say that it is a great moisturizer that does not give you anymore acne than you started with- and it smells awesome in the process.

You can find Origins "A Perfect World" antioxidant moisturizer at Origins.com, Bloomingdale's, and most department stores (including Macy's). A 1.7 oz bottle will run about $35. FYI-I purchased mine in a gift set that included a bunch of Perfect World products (skin guardian, body moisturizer, facial moisturizer, and a facial brush for $55-a self-gifted birthday present:) - which if you are fan of the products is a better deal than buying separately. I have only seen this gift set at Macy's and Bloomingdales.

Just a reminder to enter the Sensible Foods Give-Away! (two posts down)

No comments: