Monday, June 30, 2008

Food for the 4th


I love the 4th of July. I have fond memories of our annual block party complete with bike parade, talent show and backyard relay races. I also remember the food. Hot dogs, potato salad, cold watermelon even a cake decorated with strawberries and blueberries to look like a flag were a few of my favorites.

As I thought about what to bring to the BBQ in our neighborhood this year I hoped to make some of my favorites- just a tad bit more sophisticated. I am trading in the hot dogs, store bought yellow potato salad and cake for Grilled Kielbasa, Skillet Roasted Potato Salad and Chocolate-Berry Meringue. Wishing you all a delicious Independence Day!

Your Grocery List
Grilled Kielbasa
Skillet Roasted Potato Salad
Chocolate-Berry Meringue

photo from Better Homes and Gardens
add to kirtsy

1 comment:

Theresa said...

The Skillet Roasted Potato Salad was awesome!