Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mommy Hook


This little contraption is now a mainstay on my Phil&Ted's stroller. I love the single handlebar the Phil&Ted's has, but when it comes to actually figuring out what I am going to do with my excess shopping bags (when the basket is full) the single bar handle can't compete with my umbrella stroller in bag-hanging ability. Well, until now. This little Mommy Hook (it is actually quite large) fits over my handlebar, allowing me to attach my shopping finds or my Baggu, when I am out and about in the city.

Things I like about it:

  • Ultra-tough yet light-weight. This is made of heavy-duty aluminum- with the design being very similar to rock-climbing carabiner hooks.
  • Soft padded side. This foam material on the top/side of the Mommy Hook help it to stay in place on your stroller bar. It also helps to protect your hand if you are using the hook to carry a bunch of grocery sacks. I also like this foam because unlike the plastic hooks out there, it protects my foam-covered handlebar from being damaged by the weight of the hooked bags.
  • Versatility. Like I mentioned above, you could use this to hand-carry bags. The Mommy Hook is compatible with virtually every stroller, so it could be used on my Maclaren as well, if needed.

I have found the Mommy Hook on Amazon for $5.49. It can also be found at Babyride.com for 4.99.

No comments: