Monday, October 20, 2008

Halloween Dinner (take I)


Every year I make a trip to Target and buy a few bags of Halloween candy well ahead of time so there is still some selection and I can cross it off my to do list. But, every year I break into the bags and start snacking on it until I have to go buy more candy at the last minute anyway.

The Chocolate Crostatas with Marmalade are the perfect dessert for Halloween when you are all sugared out. It is like many European desserts since it has just a small amount of sugar. The brown chocolate crust and orange marmalade are great when you are in the mood for a Halloween theme.

In keeping with the orange and black color theme, try serving the Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili in a hollowed pumpkin or cast iron "cauldron" if you have one. Sprinkle some Chili Crusted Pumpkin Seeds over the chili as a garnish and save the rest for some healthy snacking.

For those of you with some more self control, the sugary recipes and fun stuff for the kiddies will come next week: Mummy Wraps, Spider Brownies, Frankenstien Faces, Homemade Oreos and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.

photo from Kitchenlink.com

add to kirtsy

No comments: