Monday, October 6, 2008

Pie, Pie, Me Oh My!



Pie Crust. Before I knew anything about cooking I did understand that pie crust was something my mom and her mom and all my friends moms spent a lot of time talking about. What kind of shortening do you use? How do you get yours so flaky? etc... I guess I took all this discussion to mean that pie crust was something way above me, that I should never try.

But I love pie crust. So, I followed a simple butter crust recipe one day and found it to be both easy and delicious. Now, I don't claim to be a pie crust connoisseur- but if you are then you probably have your own tried and true recipe. Meanwhile, I will be sticking with my butter crust prepared in the food processor and you can too if you don't already have your tried and true pie crust recipe.

Try your hand on a couple of crusts and whip up a Chicken Pot Pie and a Free Form Tart- choose from Strawberry Rhubarb or Apple Berry to warm your heart and your home.

add to kirtsy

No comments: