Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sippigrip


There is nothing in NYC that makes me cringe more than watching my 18-month-old son's sippy cup hit the cement. Ugghhh. The only thing worse than watching his cup hit the cement, is watching it fall onto the subway floor. Double Ugghhh. Not even a trip through the dishwasher really makes me feel like the cup is really clean after a drop in a subway car.

When I found the Sippigrip product, I was a little hesitant about it because my son is a mini Houdini. He is able to figure out every baby-proofing contraption known to man. I was sure that it would just be a few rides in the stroller before the sippy cup would meet the disgusting-ness of NYC again.

I have been very pleasantly surprised. We have been using the sippigrip for the last three weeks, and I love it! The beauty of this product is that it actually grips the sippy cup. The inside of the strap actually has a black rubberized surface that firmly holds onto the cup. This way your little one cannot slide the fabric down the sippy cup and set it free. The belt on the Sippigrip can be adjusted to pretty much any sized cup you own. The only cup we own that wasn't fully compatible with the Sippigrip was the Boon Fluid cup. It can still fit around the Fluid, but it wasn't a tight fit because I had to wrap it around the small handles, and my little critter managed to break it free. With every other sippy cup of ours, however, it worked like a dream. I have a Macleran Quest stroller and it attaches beautifully to the front bar, and when the sippy cup is not wanted I can place it in the back basket while it is still attached to the front bar.

The Sippigrip can attach to strollers, highchairs, and car seats. Both ends of this product attach with a strong Velcro. The length of the Sippigrip can be adjusted. You could also attach a toy or a snack container to this product.

The Sippigrip is currently available here in NYC at BuyBuyBaby. You can also get it on Amazon.com (and it qualifies for free supersaver shipping, yeah!) It currently comes in black, blue, red and pink. This June there will be several cute polka-dot and stripes patterns available. Prices range from $4.99 to $6.99 (cheapest price on Amazon).

Seriously, a wonderful product- I am such a fan. I can now jog with my Phil&Ted's stroller and not worry about doing a sippy-cup induced face plant when my son is done with his drink.

Who wants to try a Sippigrip? One lucky reader of Citrus will win one! Enter by emailing me at citruscontest@gmail.com before midnight on Sunday 4/6/08. Include SIPPIGRIP in the subject line of your email, and in the body of the email answer the following question, "what award did Sippigrip receive from Creative Child Magazine?" You can find the answer on the Sippigrip website.

No comments: