I'm not going to tell you to do something other than eat your Easter candy...because that's exactly what I'll be doing. The reality is that in our family we eat our candy. And we like it.
I figure I'm making the world a better place one sugar coated confection at a time. Instead of watching our landfills become piled with Peeps that will never decompose, I am repurposing them for a better cause...S'mores!
As kids we enjoyed watching marshmallows balloon in the microwave. Their cousin Peeps respond the same way. You could do it in the oven, but the microwave is faster. And while you're at it, why buy more chocolate when you could just use a chocolate bunny you already have?
My Microwave Peep S'mores directions:
1. Top 1 graham cracker square with crumbled chocolate bunny.
2. Microwave a few seconds to soften the chocolate (microwaves vary)
3. Add the Peep on top.
4. Microwave for only a few seconds, and do not walk away. It will take only seconds for an unattended Peep to plaster the walls of your microwave (this is the best part, why would you want to walk away? Your kids will love this).
5. When it balloons, take it out and put the top square on.
6. Enjoy the snack that took only about 30 seconds to assemble.
And for your jelly beans...
Delay eating your jelly beans for just a moment by using this idea from last year's Easter ideas. I think we will make bracelets, and we'll be using some stretchy jewelry cord. A fun activity for the kids during spring break! But of course, I will still be eating my jelly beans. It will just be off my wrist instead of out of my hand.
Peeps image via seriouseats.com